- Friday, Aug 25, 2017
- Monday, Aug 28, 2017 (before class)
- Complete this assignment on your own. You may ask me or your classmates for assistance if anything in the syllabus is unclear.
- Please submit this work to me by email at email@example.com. Please use the subject [CSC 211] Assignment: Welcome. Include the text of your responses in the email message, not as an attachment.
Part A: Who are you?
- What is your name?
- What do you like to be called?
- What is your major?
- Who is your advisor?
- What do you hope to learn or do in this course?
- What are your concerns about this class?
- What is something important to you outside of academics? Why?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Part B: What are we doing here?
Read through the course website and syllabus. Once you have finished reading about the course, please answer the following questions:
- Who will you work with on labs and assignments?
- How many times can you be late for class without losing points?
- What color is the cover of our textbook?
- Where can you find the reading “C.2: Gates, Truth Tables, and Logic Equations”?
- Which of my office hours will you be able to attend?
- On what days could you attend a mentor session between 7:00pm and 9:00pm?
- Do you have any questions about the course that aren’t answered on the course website?
- Have you read and understood the academic honesty policy for this course?